- Kemi och bioteknik
- Teknisk fysik och matematik
Ansök senast: 2021-07-16
Postdoctoral positions in Electrochemical Wearable Sensing
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The Chemical Sensing Group is one of the largest group at KTH, with approximately 20 researchers. We develop fundamental electrochemical and optical concepts to be integrated into ‘chemical sensors’ aiming to solve current problems in healthcare, environment, wellness, food among others. The objective of these two postdoctoral positions is:
- to strength the Electrochemical Wearable Sensing research line
- to develop wearable chemical sensors
- to manage national and international EU-projects
What we offer
- An international place of work
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume). PhD in Analytical Chemistry/Electrochemistry/Chemical Sensing/Microfabrication
- Experience in microneedles sensing from fabrication to applicaion
- Experience in manufacturing epidermal patches as wearable sensors
- Team player
- Excellent communication
- Knowledge and skills that are meritorious for the position:
- Demonstrated experience in microneedles sensing technology
- Demonstrated experience in epidermal wearable sensing technology
- Demonstrated experience in microfabrication of chemical sensing technology
- Scientific skills
- Excellent oral communication in English
- Awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with particular focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
1. CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
2. Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translation into English or Swedish if the original documants have not been issued in any of these languages.
3. Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals (max 2 pages).
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.