- Stockholm - Kista
Ansök senast: 2024-03-15
Senior Project Engineer – Medical Devices
Intertek is a Nationally Recognized Testing Lab (NRTL) and trusted provider of quality and safety solutions to many of the world's leading brands, companies, and governments. With more than 46000 colleagues around the world we play a major role in testing and certification globally. We help ensure safety of electrical products by providing services in testing, inspection, consultation, and certification - We bring quality and safety to life!
About the position:
Our medical department performs safety testing according to applicable standards on active medical devices such as ventilators, medical robots, X-ray equipment etc. As a senior engineer you have the possibility to review different aspects of medical products such as function, construction, and documentation. We work as a team on project-based assignments where you have the main responsibility for safety testing. In your role as a senior engineer, you also have the responsibility to support other junior engineers in their development.
As a global company we are able to provide excellent opportunities for development in your role as a senior engineer both globally and locally.
Your tasks will include:
- Perform safety testing according to applicable standards such as IEC 60601-1 or IEC 61010-1
- Compile test results, analyze and transfer data into test reports
- Transfer data and prepare test reports
- Good communication capability with colleagues as well as customers
- Ability to understand and write scientific text in English
- Validate the project scope and sample applicability
- Train and mentor junior engineers
- Review test reports
- Assistance with scope expansion
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering required; BSEE or Bio-Medical Engineering preferred
- 4+ years directly related experience within Medical Standards IEC 60601-1 Suit(s)
- Advanced experience in –ray or gas related equipment
- Demonstrated experience with U.S., Canadian, and other international product safety standards, i.e., ANSI, CSA, UL, EN, IEC is preferred
- Ability to train entry level engineers within medical standards
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Excellent communication, in both verbal and written formats.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all.
A career with Intertek offers rewarding opportunities to help companies around the world develop products that are used safely by millions of people every day. Intertek is the trusted advisor to many of the world’s leading brands, companies, and governments, and has earned a reputation for accuracy, reliability, integrity, and technical competence. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.
Intertek promotes a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. With passion, pace, and precision we work to exceed our customers’ expectations, while engaging with our employees to be 10X in their performance and professional growth.
What we offer
We are a safe workplace with collective agreements, benefit package with pension, health care contributions and parental leave allowance. We have flexible working hours and encourage a good working climate and satisfied employees.
Submit your application with resume and cover letter today, or as soon as possible. We have no possibility to handle applications through email so please submit your CV through the application link.
If you have any questions regarding the position, don’t hesitate to contact our recruiter Alexandra Strand Hägglund, email@example.com