- Data och IT
- IT-arkitekter / Systemarkitekter
- QA och testning
Ansök senast: 2021-09-26
Entrepreneurial Test Architect to future SW-centered Volvo Cars
We imagine that our friends, families, and children are transported in a personal, sustainable, and safe way. What we build is a self-driving, fully electric, connected, and super safe Volvo Car. But the current platform makes it impossible for us to have the control that we need to succeed. The overall technical threshold is that the +140 electric components in the car do not communicate the way we want it to.
Therefore, we are building a new platform. The brain in this platform will be a Core Computer with the capacity to carry a vast majority of electric control units and applications in the car. This new centralized signal system aims to enable optimized software architecture and continuous deployment for further development as well as over the air data updates and real-time decision-making for autonomous drive.
We are honored by the central responsibility that we have been entrusted and are thrilled by its technical challenges. We are now looking forward to welcoming a new colleague with responsibility for building the infrastructure for our test environment that will be utilized by all our developers in our ART. Our aim is to have a high degree of test automation and developers are responsible for writing the test automation.
You will be the key-competence for our test strategy, setting the structure, deciding what tools and frameworks to use or develop and set requirements for the tool team when new ones need to be created.
Our teams work in an agile manner organized according to SAFe to be able to quickly adjust to changing requirements. We work with an a-state-of-the-art embedded multiprocessor environment from Nvidia including hypervisors, Linux, QNX, Rust, Robot Framework, and other modern technologies.
- Develop strategic plans for testing efforts
- Develop and implement test automation frameworks
- Provide technical leadership and support the creation of complex tests
- Advise teams on innovative testing products and solutions
- Define and administer standard testing architecture methodologies, processes, and tools
- Improve quality practices across functional and non-functional testing
- Support the strategic direction of our Continuous Testing & Assurance Practice
We believe that you are a senior software developer and/or architect with a passion for testing, test frameworks and securing quality of in-house developed software and specifically for securing quality of a software release. We would wish for you to be practical and pragmatic by nature. You are entrepreneurial in the way you can dig into technical details as well as understand the bigger picture and how you curiously approach new challanges. Being an efficient team player and communicator is critical to successfully advise and support other teams. You have a clear ambition to create processes and targets that secure quality and prove compliance with regulations. Solid experience from the following is fundamental:
- Experience in setting up a test framework from scratch and improving existing frameworks to be more efficient and effective
- Experience in defining and implementing test processes in the organization.
- Experience of identifying the appropriate techniques, tools, and guidelines to implement the required tests and to give guidance on the corresponding resources requirements for the test effort
- Experience of leading multiple release cycles
* Meritorious: Experience in continuous Integration chains
Interest and application
We are curious if this might be the next thing for you. If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager, Emil Särnstrand at email@example.com.
To apply, please register your profile at our career site and attach your application documents as soon as possible since recruitment is ongoing.
Please note that applications by e-mail will not be accepted due to GDPR.
As we use our own channels for recruitment, we respectfully but strictly decline to be contacted for any offer of recruitment assistance from external companies.