Ansök senast: 2024-03-02
Could you be the full-time System Engineer in Stockholm we’re looking for?
Your future role
Take on a new challenge and apply your engineering expertise. You’ll be an important part of developing our generic safe signalling platforms deployed all over the world. You will develop the sustainable and safe transport solutions of tomorrow, and work alongside passionate, motivated, and dedicated teammates.
You will apply System Engineering methodologies in a structured way to design the safety critical System for Mainline, Urban and Airport Mass Transit Solutions as well as Mining Applications. Our Systems control and monitor the wayside objects of the rail infrastructure, such as Turnouts, Signals, Train Detection Systems, Level Crossings, Track to Train communication (such as Balises) as well as generic I/O's. The ruggedized generic system is installed in a harsh environment performing a key role withing the signalling infrastructure while fulfilling the highest safety standards for embedded systems composed of electronics, software, and firmware.
You will belong to an expert team of highly skilled System Engineers. The development is driven in cooperation with dedicated Hardware, Software and V&V Teams. Being part of the global Alstom development community, you will contribute to the deployment of our systems and solutions world-wide.
The mission of the System Engineer is to specify the functionality, behaviour, performance, and “interfaces” defining the architecture in terms of HW and SW components, fulfilling the needs for a generic product. An important part of the role is to ensure user friendly integration of the system into customer solutions.
We’ll look to you for:
- Capture stakeholders needs and specify the product (functions, operational modes, functional performances, RAMS performances, cybersecurity requirements, external interfaces, product configurations)
- Define the architecture of the product (logical/physical architecture including configuration/maintenance tools, HW/SW allocation, deployment strategy) with the support of RAM/Safety/Cyber managers.
- Design the product components.
- Perform system analysis, design reviews, product reviews, simulations.
- Deliver product documentation (Datasheets, User Manuals, Training kits), and contribute to configuration management.
- Drive Requirements Management for the Product
- Contribute to Program Management in terms of development strategy, schedule, resource, risks.
- Apply processes and standards and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Act as trainer giving courses in your area of responsibility.
All about you
We value passion and attitude over experience. That’s why we don’t expect you to have every single skill. Instead, we’ve listed some that we think will help you succeed and grow in this role:
- Master’s degree in computer science, mechatronics, electronic engineering, or equivalent
- Documented experience from systems engineering of embedded systems, at least 5 years.
- Experience in model-based design (such as SysML or UML), cyber security, functional safety, real-time embedded systems, HW, FPGA or SW development and system-level V&V is considered meriting.
- Requirements Management Tools such as DOORS
- Experience in a Global Business environment
- Experience with Standards for Safety and Industrial Applications
- Functional Breakdown of comprehensive systems and customer solutions
- Experience with simulation bases system design is considered a plus.
- Very good skills of the English language, orally and in writing
- documenting your work for internal and external stakeholders
- Good skills of the Swedish language
- As a person you apply a structured analytic approach to your work
- Communicative team player with good drive, that can coordinate work tasks and operate cross-functionally.
- Quality-driven and curious and value developing others.
Things you’ll enjoy
Join us on a life-long transformative journey within the rail industry. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills further and new experiences throughout your career.
- Enjoy stability, challenges, and a long-term career free from boring daily routines
- Collaborate with transverse teams within and across sites
- Contribute to innovative projects
- Steer your career in the direction you choose across functions and countries
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive, and competitive social coverage (life, medical, pension).
You don’t need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you’ll be proud. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!