Ansök senast: 2023-04-07
Powertrain System Engineer
Location: Vasteras, SE
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Join us as a Powertrain System Engineer, in Västerås, Sweden and you will be looking at a career-defining role in a company where culture is simply a shared way of doing something with passion!
As a Powertrain System Engineer, you will be overall technically responsible for the system solution. The scope ranges from concepts and requirements to testing and performance in service, including interfaces such as mechanical, electrical and functional. The role includes frequent international contacts and cooperation as most our powertrains systems are delivered to customers globally.
Your key responsibilities?
The Powertrain System Engineer’s responsibility is broad but you need to be able to dive in to technical topics and issues, with the support of subject matter experts. As the role is the technical focal point you need to be able to communicate with different layers in the organization.
As we are a leading powertrain supplier you need to be able to include new solutions and improve our design, while reusing proven standardized solutions. You are expected to continuously drive and support a standardized product portfolio.
- Have technical responsibility of propulsion systems, including electrical, mechanical and functional conceptual integration
- Optimize the Powertrain System Standardization
- Consolidate and manage requirements coming from market and Rolling Stock.
- Be the technical lead for interfaces and open items towards customer
- Provide support, lead complex technical issue investigations and provide problem solutions for propulsion systems
- Participate in Powerlab tests, commissioning & homologation of powertrain systems
- Provide support for bids, including customer alignments & concept validation
Analytical and systematic frame of mind with the capacity to grasp the “big picture” as well as technical details.
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in traction / propulsion / powertrain system development for industrial applications
- Strong technical leadership attributes are required
- Proficient ability to both read and write technical documentation
- Fluent in English and preferably in Swedish.
- Experience from power modules is an advantage
- Experience in rail industry & powertrain is an advantage
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Fler jobb från Alstom: