Ansök senast: 2023-01-21
Postdoc in heat pumping technology
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The Department of Energy Technology has strong research competence in heat pumping and refrigeration technologies with up-to-date laboratory infrastructure. The main objective in this project is to experimentally investigate and evaluate features to maximize the energy efficiency of CO2 vapor compression systems. The project will provide very much needed scientifically verified answers to the refrigeration and heat pump industry. The key system features that will be investigated are:
- different methods for overfeeding evaporators at low temperature level
- ejector and injector performance
- and the optimum control of heat recovery for space heating, domestic hot water production, and heat export to district heating.
A test rig for this project has been designed and is currently being built, which will be ready to run for testing during the spring of 2023.
The project is funded by the Swedish Energy Agency and co-financed by 10 industrial partners who represent different stakeholders in our field, such as: energy systems installers, component producers, companies providing monitoring and data acquisition systems, and consultants.
The researcher in this project is expected to prepare the test rig for operation after being installed in our laboratory, run the test matrix, analyze the results, and write two scientific journal papers, two international conference papers, and two articles in local magazines.
The researcher is also expected to keep active communication with project partners, be an active member in the research group, and spend about 15% on teaching the master level courses.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Previous experience and knowledge of refrigeration/HP systems
- Previous experience and strong competence in experimental work, data analysis and scientific writing in the field of energy technology
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in energy technology (or similar), obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
In order to succeed as a researcher at KTH you need to be goal oriented and persevering in your work. In the selection of the applicants, the following will be assessed:
- ability to independently pursue own work,
- ability to collaborate with others,
- have a professional approach,
- ability to analyze and work with complex issues,
- have a deep understanding of refrigeration and heat pumping systems with CO2 as refrigerant
- have pedagogical experience or ambition to teach
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives on KTH's webpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max one page.
- Contact details for two references.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about the processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: visstidsanställning längre än 6 månader | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: M-2022-1893 | Kontakt: Samer Sawalha email@example.com, | Publicerat: 2022-11-04 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-12-16