Ansök senast: 2023-04-07
Location: Vasteras, SE
Req ID: 413153
Alstom, in Vasteras is one out of three Global Component Development Sites for Powertrain system components within the Rolling Stock & Components division. Alstom Vasteras is also a global Test and Technology Centre for Powertrain Systems.
Among other things in Vasteras we develop and design powertrain systems including as well converter-, main circuit components and traction motor design as the software functionality controlling the whole system as well as the individual subsystems. We also have a PowerLab for large scale validation & verification in-house.
Are you interested in new challenges and want to be part of one our innovative engineering teams? We are now strengthening our teams and looking for new colleagues, both experienced and less experienced. If you are looking for a job in an international environment, as well in office as on the trains, working in a global team together with experienced control theory experts, apply for our exciting
Control Specialist role for our site in Vasteras, Sweden.
The main purpose of the role is to develop control systems and solutions as well for order projects as for the standard products applied in our traction and auxiliary systems. The work will mainly be carried out in office or at the Real Time Simulator setup (Hardware in the loop), but also in PowerLab and on trains together with colleagues from the different departments and sites. The long-term target of the position is to develop competence up to at least Alstom Expert level.
What You’ll Get To Do
- Design Control solutions, e.g. motor converter control or electro dynamic Slip/Slide Control;
- Applied Signal processing, e.g. through filter design or frequency analysis
- Implement (graphical functional block diagrams), document, Test & Verify control software functionality
- Handle source code, configuration management, packaging & releases of software solutions
- Execute theoretical analyses on control and dynamical systems performance, e.g. stability.
- In due time provide expert support, lead complex technical problem investigations and propose solutions
- In due time educate co-workers & field personnel, give support to PowerLab or train tests, participate on commissioning & homologation of traction and auxiliary systems on simulators, in PowerLab or on train;
You’ll Need To Have
- PhD or MSc in Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or equivalent
- 2-3 years relevant experience - control system development is a merit but not a requirement
- Good knowledge in the area of control theory, signal processing, modelling and simulation
- Good communication skills, a team player
- English at a business fluent level is essential for the job in our international environment
- Swedish at an intermediate level is preferable.
Who are we?
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customized services, infrastructure, signaling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
What do we offer? An agile, inclusive, and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Fler jobb från Alstom: