With its nine Training and research departments (UFR) and its Institute of Technology (IUT), Paris Descartes University encompasses all the fields of knowledge of human and health sciences. It is the only university of the Ile-de-France region to offer medical, pharmaceutical and odontological studies; its health department is renowned in Europe and in the whole world for the high quality of its training and the excellence of its research.
Facts and figures about the university:
- 38 900 students,
- 2 180 teachers,
- 1 300 researchers,
- 1 550 technical, administrative, library and other non-teaching staff (BIATOSS),
- 600 engineers, technicians and administrative staff (ITA),
- 3 fields of education,
- 105 Master’s degrees,
- 300 University Diplomas (Dus) and Inter- University Diplomas (DIUs),
- more than 13 000 diplomas awarded every year,
- more than 200 theses defended every year (not including “thèses d’exercice:” PhDs in medicine, pharmaceutical sciences and odontology),
- 82 laboratories, most of which working in association with major research institutes such as the CNRS and INSERM (National Centre for Scientific Research and National Institute of Health and Medical Research)
- 13 doctoral schools among which 7 work in partnership,
- a budget of 333 million Euros in 2010 (payroll included),
- 252 400 m2 in property holdings.