Design of Alloy Metals for low-mAss Structures
The Laboratory of Excellence 'DAMAS' (Design of Alloy Metals for low-mAss Structures) is approved within the 'Investment in the future' action of the French Goverment in the 2012 Campagne. The metallurgists of two laboratories LEM3 (Laboratory of Microstructure Studies and Mechanics of Materials, Metz) and IJL (Jean Lamour Institute, Nancy) constitute the Labex DAMAS.
A financial support of 7.5 M€ is accorded for 8 years.
The head of the DAMAS is Prof. Laszlo TOTH.
Deputy director: Prof. Sabine DENIS, actual director of the department SI2M of IJL Institute.
- To develop excellence in fundamental research in metallurgy in Lorraine by uniting the research forces of the LEM3 and IJL laboratories
- To increase the mechanical performance of metals by metallurgical means / to develop new alloys for light-weighting metallic structures
- To develop novel research topics in metallurgy
- To increase the international attractiveness of training in metallurgy
- To increase significantly the research output and the impact of research on the socio-economics of Lorraine
- To increase the attractiveness of the Lorraine Region in the field of metallurgy