The “Laboratoire d’Excellence” CeLyA (Lyon Acoustics Center) is a network created in 2011 and linking together the researchers working in acoustics and vibration around Lyon. Its research activities concentrate on three main directions: the characterization and control of noise sources; the propagation of acoustic waves through complex media; and the effects of acoustic waves on human beings.
A permanent staff of 75 researchers and more than 80 PhD students and Postdocs are working on the following main research topics:
- Active noise and vibration control
- Signal and image processing
- Transportation noise
- Ultrasound for medical imaging and therapy
- Non destructive evaluation
- Sound perception
- Psychoacoustics and Cognitive psychology
CeLyA founding members and main domains of activities:
- LMFA (Fluid Mechanics and Acoustics, Centrale Lyon, U. Lyon 1 & CNRS)
- LVA (Vibration and Acoustics, INSA Lyon)
- LTDS (Tribology and Vibroacoustics, Centrale Lyon & CNRS)
- CREATIS (US imaging, INSA, Univ. Lyon 1, INSERM & CNRS)
- LabTau (US therapy, U. Lyon 1 & INSERM)
- CRNL (Cognitive sciences, U. Lyon 1, CNRS & INSERM)
- LGCB (Building and Civil Engineering, ENTPE)
- IFSTTAR (Transportation Institute).
Each year CeLyA organizes a summer school on a different topic (signal processing in 2012, porous materials in 2013, perception of music in 2014). In July 2015, the theme of the school will be: Vibroacoustics in the mid and high-frequency range.
CeLyA is funding PhD theses, exchange programs for PhD students and visiting scholars. CeLyA organises or sponsors regularly scientific workshops and conferences in acoustics.