The Archimede project has been selected as a center of excellence ("Laboratoire d’Excellence", LabEx) by the national state program "Investments for the Future" ("Investissements d’Avenir").
The goals of the Archimède LabEx are:
- to strengthen inter-research units and multidisciplinary collaborations,
- to increase international exchanges,
- to develop skill transmission and technological transfer,
- to improve the relationship between research and teaching within the university.
The body of the project is composed of four research units:
- Center for Theoretical Physics (Centre de Physique Théorique, UMR 7332,CPT),
- Marseilles Institute of Mathematics (Institut de Mathématiques de Marseille, UMR 7373, I2M),
- Marseilles Laboratory for Fundamental Computer Science (Laboratoire d’Informatique Fondamentale, UMR 7279, LIF),
- Laboratory for Information and System Sciences (Laboratoire des Sciences de l’Information et des Systèmes, UMR 7296, LSIS),
and an international conference center:
- International Center for Mathematical Conferences (Centre International de Rencontres Mathématiques, UMS 822, CIRM)
All together these joint CNRS-University research units include worldwide leading scientists and cover all fields of research in mathematics and computer science inAix-Marseille University (AMU).
For more information about A*MIDEX, please click here