KIC InnoEnergy is the European company dedicated to promoting innovation, entrepreneurship and education in the sustainable energy field by bringing together academics, businesses and research institutes. Our goal is to make a positive impact on sustainable energy in Europe. We do this by creating future game changers with a different mind-set, and bringing innovative products, services and successful companies to life.
- We provide acceleration services to start-ups and ventures by supporting entrepreneurs with their business ideas, strengthening their business models, building expert teams, and providing access to finance
- We support innovation in the field and bring innovative ideas to life that have a positive impact on sustainable energy in Europe
- We provide Master´s and PhD educational programmes that deliver knowledge and skills to students and managers that will shape the future of the energy sector.
KIC InnoEnergy is one of the first Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) fostered by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT). We are a commercial company with 27 shareholders that include top ranking industries, research centres and universities, all of which are key players in the energy field. More than 150 additional partners contribute to our activities to form a first class and dynamic network that is always open to new entrants and furthers our pursuit of excellence. Although we are profit-oriented, we have a “not for dividend” financial strategy, reinvesting any profits we generate back into our activities.
With our headquarters in the Netherlands, we develop our activities across a network of offices located in Belgium, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Poland and Sweden.
We are committed to reducing costs in the energy value chain, increasing security and reducing CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions. To achieve this, we focus our activities around 8 technology areas:
- Clean Coal Technologies
- Energy from Chemical Fuels
- Energy Efficiency
- Electricity Storage
- Renewable Energies
- Smart and Efficient Buildings and Cities
- Sustainable Nuclear and Renewable Convergence
- Smart Electric Grid