Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, Leibniz-Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik (FBH)
... translating ideas into innovation
- We explore cutting-edge technologies for innovative applications in the fields of microwaves and optoelectronics. As a centre of competence for III-V compound semiconductors, we are part of a worldwide network and achieve research results advancing the international state-of-the-art.
- We offer complete solutions as a one-stop agency - from design to ready-to-ship modules.
- In strategic partnerships with industry, we transfer our research results into cutting-edge products and thus ensure German technological leadership in microwaves and optoelectronics. By means of spin-off companies, we bring innovative product ideas into the market.
- We provide high-value products and services for our customers in the research community and industry which are tailored to fit their individual needs.
- We offer our employees an attractive and family-friendly working environment with interesting tasks and career prospects. To maintain top-level expertise we guide, assist and encourage young scientists and train our staff.
- We specifically aim at increasing the proportion of female specialists and executive staff in the technical and scientific area and actively assist foreign colleagues with their integration.
Mission and Aims
Our mission is application-oriented research in the fields of microwaves and optoelectronics in close cooperation with industry. Our research work includes the complete spectrum from computer-aided design and material and process technologies to devices, circuits and systems.
Our institute bridges the gap between research and application by making its results available to customers in the research community and industry.
Our research portfolio also includes basic topics, which are key aspects in establishing know-how in novel fields and in maintaining leading-edge competence. At the same time, this competence forms the basis for future project funding and research contracts.