What we do
The BioMed X Innovation Center is an exciting new collaboration model at the interface between academia and industry. At our center, distinguished early career scientists recruited from all over the world are working jointly on novel pre-clinical research projects in the fields of biomedicine, molecular biology, cell biology, diagnostics and bioinformatics. These interdisciplinary project teams are conducting groundbreaking biomedical research in an open innovation lab facility on the campus of the University of Heidelberg, under the guidance of experienced mentors from academia and industry while expanding their scientific network and receiving an intensive entrepreneurship and leadership training. Each team is typically sponsored by a corporate pharma or biotech partner of BioMed X. After a fully funded project term, successful projects are either internalized into the development pipeline of the respective pharma or biotech sponsor or spun off into an independent startup company.
Life Science Talents
What we offer young research group leaders, postdocs, and graduate students:
- Fully funded research groups, each focused on a specific pre-clinical research topic;
- Open innovation molecular and cell biology lab facility at Heidelberg Technology Park on the life science campus of the University of Heidelberg, within walking distance of the Heidelberg University Hospital, German Cancer Research Center, National Center for Tumor Diseases, Center for Molecular Biology, BioQuant, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, and not far from the campus of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory;
- Creative cross-cultural teamwork atmosphere with freedom of research and right to publish;
- Guidance of experienced mentors from academia and industry;
- Intensive leadership and entrepreneurship training with direct access to 90 local pharma and biotech companies of the BioRN Cluster.