- Bygg och anläggning
Ansök senast: 2022-02-04
ESAB is a global company with more than 100 years of continuous research, development and sales, who made ESAB world leading within welding and cutting. ESAB has over 10 000 employees worldwide.
We offer you a creative work environment with good possibilities for development in your profession. You will work with exciting projects and high-end technical development. We have a global multicultural environment, where we give you the opportunity to collaborate and work in an international environment.
ESAB Gothenburg is the global center of excellence for R&D with appr. 200 employees which covers most functions as R&D, Sales, Strategy, and support functions. We are located on Lindholmen Gothenburg.
As a Welding Engineer you will be part of the welding process development team, at R&D Equipment. You are an essential part in driving and supporting R&D in welding process, employing scientific, structuralized, and methodical ways of supporting improvements of welding processes. Your focus will be on welding application and performance aspects for the future range of ESAB products.
You will work in a team, participating in hands-on cause & effect experimental investigations of GMAW weld processes. Interact with other team members to reach optimal welding process solutions. You will take an active part in making sure that customer needs and market demands are met in terms of quality and requirements.
- Conducting investigations of MIG/MAG welding process by high-speed camera image and data processing.
- Participating on research tasks dealing with various MIG/MAG aspects, such as stability, process control and arc performance.
- Analyzing and evaluating issues in multi-step experimental assessments, interpreting findings and documenting/reporting outcomes in structuralized and scientific way.
- Taking part in methodical way of conducting test welding procedures.
- Analyze data using manual, mechanized and robotic welding procedures.
- Contribute to technical documentation and reports.
Profile and required competences
You are a team-player, eager to join us in creating value for ESAB that will serve our customers. We hope that you have experience form working with welding production and up to date with the latest technology as well as market trends.
- Master’s degree or PhD. in Welding Engineering, or similar relevant field.
- Good understanding of various GMAW process aspects.
- Preferably certified Welding Engineer, IWE or similar.
- Experience in conducting hands-on cause-effect analyses with focus on set solution targets.
We expect you to be self-driven and delivery-focused to ensure the that we provide the right technical solutions for our industry.
Send your application through the application button. Please apply asap as applications are processed continuously.
We welcome your application!
ESAB is an equal-opportunity employer that provides employment opportunities as they arise to all qualified persons. We recognize that our most important resource is our Associates-the men and women whose commitment, creativity, skills and energy are central to our business goals. We encourage teamwork and a blameless environment working together to maximize professional growth and satisfaction.