Ansök senast: 2023-10-05
Traction Control SW Test Lead
Could you be the full-time Traction Control SW Test Lead in Västerås we’re looking for?
Your future role
Take on a new challenge and apply your technical expertise in a new cutting-edge field. You’ll report to the Traction Control Product Manager, and work alongside a team of experts.
You'll lead a testing team of about 10 people working with component, integration, and overall tests of the products in the control platform. Day-to-day, you’ll work closely with the development team in Västerås and much more.
In most cases the testing is developed and executed in our simulation environments, which can be within the tool suit from MathWorks or the “Hardware-in-the-Loop” simulator (RTS). On the RTS the controlled traction system is simulated while the SW is the real SW running on real control electronics.
We’ll look to you for:
- Identify the scope of the testing required for a particular release
- Prepare a Test Plan after discussions with the test team
- Identify the testing effort required for a given release and plan the same
- Monitor the test progress and re-balance or re-allocate as required
- Check and manage any delays in achieving the objectives
- Hold meetings within the test team to discuss and share information, obstacles etc
- Present the current status to the stakeholders & management
- Prepare any Risk Mitigation plans if in case any delays are foreseen
- Continuous improvements of the V&V activities and the test team
All about you
We value passion and attitude over experience. That’s why we don’t expect you to have every single skill. Instead, we’ve listed some that we think will help you succeed and grow in this role:
- Bachelor or Master degree in relevant area with an interest in SW Testing, simulation and modelling, real time systems
- Experience within SW test, test tools, test development and methodology.
- Knowledge of electrical propulsion systems, control theory and signal processing are an advantage
- Good English skills, both spoken and written.
- ISTQB certification is a plus.
Things you’ll enjoy
Join us on a life-long transformative journey – the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You’ll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues
- Contribute to innovative projects
- Utilise our agile working environment
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning
- Progress towards senior roles
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive and competitive social coverage (life, medical, pension)
You don’t need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you’ll be proud. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
Important to note
As a global business, we’re an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone.