Ansök senast: 2022-12-15
Supply Chain Quality Engineer
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $40 billion. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
This position is based in Uppsala, where Thermo Fisher develops, manufactures, and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With 1,900 employees worldwide, and 1,000 in Sweden, we are the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing and the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
How will you make an impact?
Reporting to the Senior Manager Contract Manufacturing, we are looking for a Supply Chain Quality Engineer based in our Uppsala facility. You will play an important role to lead and co-ordinate product quality of a portfolio currently primarily consisting of instruments and spare parts, collaborating with sourcing, logistics, R&D as well as the suppliers. The role will work to ensure delivered quality from our suppliers during product care phase and represent manufacturing and operations in projects. Project related responsibility has its focus on leading and ensuring successful design transfer moving from project to line activity. The role will represent manufacturing in all phases of the product life cycle.
The position and department are relatively new which is a step in the direction of increasing focus on this segment of products, supplied from contract manufacturers, from the supply chain and operations perspective. Therefore, this is a great opportunity for ato contribute to an already successful business. We look for someone who wants to be part of developing this segment towards securing high level of supplier quality and reliability for our internal and external customers. This role will suit a person who is comfortable working in an international environment, taking initiatives and having a customer centric approach.
You will be expected to drive improvements and a successful candidate will show attitude and examples showcasing continuous improvement comes naturally.
What will you do?
• Responsible for supplier quality through manufacturing audits and periodic review of supplier performance.
• Act as manufacturing lead in projects taking charge of the Design Process and Production Reviews to ensure a successful design transfer from projects to line activity/product care.
• Set up quality monitoring procedures, ensure manufacturing and quality metrics are in place, evaluate supplier performance and drive improvement actions.
• Prioritize and make decisions when supplier manufacturing issues occur.
• Manage quality complaints and non-conformities and secure the suppliers manufacturing process through corrective and preventive actions.
• Actively participate in cross functional Product Care forum to manage and prioritize amongst change requests
• Lead and facilitate change order management with supplier to ensure alignment and timely implementation
• Act as SME on manufacturing process and work across many parts of the organization, collaborating with R&D, Process engineering, Supply Chain, Service and suppliers.
• Highly involved in establishment and development of new suppliers, implementing the supplier quality toolbox for supplier quality evaluation and selection.
How will you get here?
• Bachelor Science degree or equivalent experience, and with proven experience in quality assurance in the manufacturing industry.
• Proficiency in written and oral English as you will frequently be operating in an international environment both internally and externally. Ideally proficient in written and oral Swedish.
• Experienced in working with problem solving, root causes identification tools and preventive measures.
• Project management profile and skills, communicative with solution and collaboration-oriented attitude with focus on delivering results in a cross functional setting
• Ability to work independently and driving activities towards set goals, typically initiating own tasks with input/guidance from manager
Apply now as we're reviewing CVs on an ongoing basis. We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information about the position or Thermo Fisher Scientific please contact Nina Albuquerque, Sr Recruiter Nordics via email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, transgender identity or expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age.