Ansök senast: 2023-04-08
Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Stockholm, SE
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Purpose of the job
The Supplier Quality Engineer manages the production and ensures that work places are clean and safe and the teams are motivated and enabled to perform their work on time, quality and cost. He/ She leads KPI based performance measurement and improvement (PDCA ), especially HSE, Productivity , Quality and Responsiveness.
He / She has personnel and disciplinary responsibility. He/ She enables supervisors and teams to perform high quality work , ensures adequate resource planning and competence development as well as that committed targets are achieved. He / She acts as a role model for HSE and fosters deployment of LEAN Techniques, toolboxes , programs and processes. Improvement is driven by regular information and communication on all levels.
- Create a monthly production plan in consultation with the Planning Engineer and ensures that skilled, competent and adequate resources are available to achieve the plan.
- Manages the resources on a daily basis for work allocation . Works closely with Methods function to evaluate the best production methods to achieve the targets. Ensures that the team has the necessary tools and documentation to enable them to perform their tasks efficiently. Ensures high quality output with focus on Time and Cost.
- Drives a performance based culture with high focus on KPIs’ like TPT , PHP , Right First Time, WIP, Absenteeism , BOS@Cell , HSE etc. Closely monitors the KPI trend and prepares a PDCA to explain the deviations with concrete action plans. Implements a high level of visibility in his/ her work area through displays of KPIs’ which reflect the performance status of manufacturing.
- Maintains high standards of HSE and inculcates a culture wherein the whole team takes ownership for HSE. Takes personal responsibility and accountability to ensure that defined safety processes are adhered to and takes strong actions for breach of safety processes.
- Leads and actively participates in cross-functional meetings with relevant stake holders like Supply management , Project management , Methods, HSE , Warehouse etc.
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering )
Relevant experience required
- Leadership, directly manages one or more directly affiliated teams of professionals, team leaders or supervisors
- Technical understanding of manufacturing process and capacity dimensioning/utilization within manufacturing environment
- Responsibility for providing the budget ( Resources and Expenses ) for his production area / unit.
Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
- Years of experience in a relevant role
- Solid working experience in manufacturing industry with sound knowledge of interpreting wiring tables, schematics and circuit diagrams.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Fler jobb från Alstom: