Ansök senast: 2023-04-08
Location: Vasteras, SE
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Join us as a SPQD Engineer in Västerås!
About the role
SPQD (Supplier Product Quality Development)
Drive on-cycle project supplier quality activities for designated commodities for all projects delivered in the country/cluster.
Serve all projects worldwide for suppliers managed in hub mode.
You are an open-minded person, flexible and ready to work in a constantly changing environment. You have the ability to work in a team but when needed you are self-driven and can make your own decisions. Attention to details is important for you and you have a mindset focused on safety.
- Monitor quality during the development phase of the supplier's product and process while ensure compliance with Alstom requirements.
- Deliver project quality activities for critical purchased parts for the commodity from the release of the first Supplier Part List until the obtention of a positive First Article Inspection (FAI* with Go status)
- Define and deploy the Part Approval Process/Supplier Product Quality Development cycle, contribute to all DFQ* milestones for the purchased part (descending and mounting phases of the V-cycle).
- Perform supplier quality risk assessments at Business award stage.
- Ensure with the project team that Quality Alstom requirements are respected by the supplier before the “Go Order” milestone (Quality Specification and SPQD Plan clause by clause).
- Be accountable for operational delivery of the validation of the industrial capability of the manufacturing process of the supplier (out of scope: validation of product under the responsibility of engineering and industrial capacity).
- Be responsible of the Go/No Go decision for “Go Production”, “Go for First Train Validation” and “FAI”, relying on inputs from Engineering for the product validation.
- Prepare and perform customer FAI when requested.
- Follow-up of the supplier deliverables through the dedicated portal: Supplier Quality Portal (SQP).
- Follow-up of supplier action plans (Supplier Quality Status - SQS).
- Drive supplier to meet FAI Go On Time target.
- Perform handover to Supplier Quality Serial Life (after FAI Go and first 3 successful deliveries)
- Trigger the supplier escalation process when SPQD deliverables are at risks and initiate problem solving.
- Evaluate the maturity level of the supplier through the study of FMEA’s, control plan, skills matrix, work instructions.
- Deliver audits and assessments of suppliers in case they are not part of the Priority list when needed (when SPQD is recognized as a qualified auditor).
- Contribute to the solving of critical non-conformities and issues with suppliers, including warranty issues when escalated.
- Be in charge of Non Conformity problem solving until FAI Go and handover are performed.
- Be in charge of preparing the first deliveries requirements for incoming inspection.
- Perform regular reporting of the activities (Based on: DFQ gates preparation and status, Readiness reviews always done, FAI GO Right First Time, Open items follow-up, critical supplier monitoring
- Animate return of experience (REX), sharing the operational experience and good practices through LLC (Lesson learnt cards).
- Participate in the company's continuous improvement programs (APSYS)
- Degree in Engineering, Electronics or equivalent.
- Medium experience within manufacturing industry or in a quality role or in a project management role.
- Experience managing supplier relationships.
- Good knowledge of computer systems.
- Quality inspection experience within manufacturing industry.
- Experience with typical products used and their defect modes.
- Experience in Quality audits are valued.
*For the purpose of this job description, the following definitions apply:
SQ: Supplier Quality
SPQD: Supplier Product Quality Development
SPL: Supplier Part List
FAI: First Article Inspection
FMEA: Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
SQS: Supplier Quality Status
DFQ: Development for Quality
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Fler jobb från Alstom: