Ansök senast: 2023-04-07
Software Development Manager
Location: Vasteras, SE
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customized services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Are you looking for a new challenge and want to bring new green solutions to the world market? If you are open minded and driven by results, but also have good leadership skills, let us get to know you!
We are currently looking for an
Software Development Manager in Västerås
Your mission will be to:
- Lead a team involved in a set of programs or projects, ensuring quality target and repeatable performances.
- Staff the team and follow-up program/project strategy definition and task execution, delivering as per QCD commitments.
- Identify, generalize and stabilize best practices, proposing deployment Alstom-wide.
- Lead continuous team improvement, plan trainings and coach the team, nurture skill growth and capitalization.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading convergence for processes and tools.
- Developing and maintaining domain competences, coaching the team and growing World Class Engineering Experts.
- Implementing department guidelines (team profile and skills, growth plans, discipline evolutions in terms of technology, competitiveness, etc.).
- Setting clear team goals, delegating tasks and setting deadlines.
- Providing support to team project/program execution.
- Continuously motivate, encourage, evaluate and recognize, train and develop resources, in cooperation with HR, as per approved performance evaluation process and targets.
- Deploying Process, Methods and Tools in Project Engineering team, providing feedback for Process reviews.
- Estimating / validating quotations for tenders and projects.
- Managing adequacy between estimated workload and capacity, taking into account subcontracting & business strategies; reporting status and issues to department head.
- Committing in Project/Program/Tender QCD related to its domain.
- Promoting Alstom values to your team.
Your experience and required competencies:
- Bachelors Degree of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or scientific subjects
- Experience in project/program execution and management
- Advanced level of English and Swedish
- Experience and understanding in project effort estimation
- Engineering and processes background
- Software development hands on experience is a must
- Experience working with embedded systems is important
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Very good organizational and time-management skills and also decision-making skills.
- Railway related experience.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
We are acting…
➔ You actively identify issues and risks and develop correction plans
➔ You are a problem solver
➔ You act process minded, data-driven and fact based
➔ You accept differences
➔ You excel in collaboration and
➔ You actively support inclusion
➔ Safety first
➔ You are all responsible to make it happen
➔ You adhere to the highest ethics and compliance rules
Fler jobb från Alstom: