- Data och IT
Ansök senast: 2022-02-04
Senior Back End Java Developer
Do you enjoy working in an outgoing and friendly atmosphere where sharing our skills comes naturally? Great! Our group (Production Logistics IT) enables Scania logistic planners work worldwide from the IT side & we are looking for new members to join our team who have an interest to work with business change development and world-class IT deliveries.
What we offer
We are highly skilled and committed with considerable job satisfaction and good opportunities for personal development. We are constantly striving to improve both systems and work processes. We are responsible for complete deliveries to our internal customers and users and are involved in the entire system development process, from concept development to implementation and maintenance. If you like challenges, now is the perfect time to join this exciting journey.
Apart from that we also offer:
- An educational establishment with courses and programs to develop your skills.
- Flexible working hours
- Permanent employment (from day 1)
- Parental benefits
- A wide range of sports clubs and a free Health Centre with a gym, classes and much more.
Please click here to read more about Scania, our core values, benefits, and much more.
What you will do
You will work as a Senior Back End Java Developer for a delivery team currently consisting of 21 personnel (Back End Developers, Front End Developers, Testers and Business analyst) out of which 4 are offshore.
You will be:
- Working closely with the team & other surrounding teams.
- Implementing business-critical functionality and collaborate with business stakeholders to understand the requirements.
- Contributing to cloud solutions and software modularization while delivering testable, maintainable & high-quality code.
- Responsible for our applications in production ensuring stability & uptime.
You will have a lot of opportunities to share your experience and knowledge together with your teammates and help the team to eliminate waste & evolve best practices.
What we believe you have
A great team spirit & you like taking initiative to form new work relations and know how to find win-win solutions in order to collaborate towards a common goal. You bring enthusiasm, set high goals for yourself & the team, and work hard to reach them. If it gets stressful, you have the ability to handle it constructively and not let your good humour be affected.
Furthermore, you have excellent communication skills and a great ability to express yourself, a good listener to be able to understand business and IT needs.
Other than this you have:
- University degree within IT or equivalent work experience.
- 5 plus years of experience in Java 8+
- Knowledge in software development best practices (including CI-CD, DevOps, Version control etc.)
- Experience in working with:
- Spring Boot, Web Services (SOAP & REST), Hibernate, JPA
- Cloud environment and development (AWS), Kafka
- Maven, Git
- Microservices architecture
- Unit and integration Testing
- Relational/Non-Relational Databases
- Fluent English skills.
If you have any questions about the position contact hiring manager Priyanka Nanda +46 8553 51 655.
For more information about the recruitment process, contact Zanko Dasko, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist +46 8 55 351 621.
Interviews will be scheduled continuously! The last day to apply is 2022-02-04.
Scania is a part of Traton Group and one of the world´s leading manufacturers of trucks and buses for heavy transport applications. Scania is also leading provider of industrial and marine engines. Service-related products account for a growing proportion of the company´s operations, assuring Scania customers of cost-effective transport solutions and maximum uptime. Scania also offers financial services. Scania’s IT organisation is an integrated part of the company providing products and services to all business units worldwide. Based on deep Scania business knowledge and internal relations we balance in-house core competences and service production with services externally sourced and governed by us. We are around 1500 people and the majority is located in Sodertalje.