Ansök senast: 2022-11-30
Researcher in vehicle-to-grid design and control
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Driven by the environment concern and sustainable requirement, electric vehicles (EVs) have attracted global attention as they provide more environmentally friendly transportation. However, the large-scale utilization of EVs will greatly increase the electricity consumption in the grid. If charging of EVs are not managed, it will pose significant impact on grid and require expensive grid reinforcement. On the other hand, vehicle to grid (V2G) and smart charging will provide opportunities to minimize grid impact and provide grid support for smooth integration of EVs. As researcher in this project you will develop power electronics control and coordination for V2G systems.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm , in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree
- Research expertise in power electronics hardware and control, control of V2G systems, etc
- Good publication record
- The ability to inform about research and development work
- Collaborative abilities.
- The ability to work towards research results being utilised in practice.
- Teaching ability.
- Experience of developing and leading activities and staff.
- Knowledge of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Your research experience (1 page) and your research plan (1 page) related to this project
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement - for up to 1 year, with access according to agreement.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence
Anställningsform: visstidsanställning längre än 6 månader | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: J-2022-2287 | Kontakt: Qianwen Xu, Assistant Professor email@example.com, Eleni Nylén, HR administrator firstname.lastname@example.org, | Publicerat: 2022-09-16 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-10-31
Fler jobb från Kungliga Tekniska högskolan: