- Elkraft och energi
Ansök senast: 2022-10-08
Researcher in sustainable energy systems
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
In this researcher position, you will belong to the unit Sustainability, Industrial Dynamics and Entrepreneurship (SIDE) at INDEK, where you will be involved in the Research Initiative on Sustainable Industry and Society (IRIS), in area 3: Sustainable energy systems - Technology and business perspective. The focus of the research will be on sector links between the transport, industrial and energy sectors with a focus on biofuels, bioenergy and hydrogen. A major area of work will be to research, publish research reports and write funding applications for research research into the transformation of energy systems and industries to achieve a fossil-free society.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm , in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, e.g. PhD in Industrial Engineering, Environmental Science and Technology or similar
- You should also have researched the social science consequences of the transformation of energy systems and industries in order to achieve a fossil-free society
- Good knowledge of scientific English is a requirement, as this will be required in day-to-day work
- Publication in international referee-reviewed scientific journals is an advantage
- Teaching ability
- The ability to work towards research results being utilised in practice
- The ability to inform about research and development work
- Experience of developing and leading activities and staff
- Knowledge of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
We will place great emphasis on the personal qualities needed to perform the tasks:
- Open-minded and interested
- Collaborative abilities
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement - for up to 1 years, with access according to agreement.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about the processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence
Anställningsform: visstidsanställning längre än 6 månader | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: M-2022-1153 | Kontakt: Frauke Urban firstname.lastname@example.org, | Publicerat: 2022-07-04 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-08-15