Ansök senast: 2023-10-22
Research Engineers in Networked Systems
We are currently seeking multiple, highly motivated research engineers to join our team in the field of networked systems. As data volume continues to grow exponentially, the importance of network optimization has become increasingly crucial. FPGAs are playing a key role in this area, offering highly parallelized and customizable hardware solutions that process data streams at high speeds with low latency and power consumption. In contrast to general-purpose CPUs, FPGAs offer significant performance gains by executing customized and optimized code directly on the hardware, without the overhead of software abstraction layers. As a research engineer with our team, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects that optimize network applications, utilizing the power of FPGAs. The main responsibility of this position is to contribute to our current projects in the domain of network functions. You will also explain to the rest of the team members about FPGA technology.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A position in a group that aims to publish papers at the flagship conferences in network systems.
- A large group of colleagues working on network-based applications.
- A cutting-edge testbed with 100s of computing cores, programmable network devices, such as FPGAs, terabit-per-second programmable switches, SmartNICs, and more.
- A graduate degree or an advanced level (higher education) in the research subject or equivalent competence.
- Experience working with FPGAs
- Having an awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality are meriting.
- You are a good collaborator but can also work independently.
- Experience working with Xilinx FPGAs (because of the networking aspect of the position)
Great emphasis will be placed on personal skills.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
To apply for the position
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The employment is valid for a limited time according to the agreement - for up to 12 months, with access according to agreement.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: särskild visstidsanställning
Anställningens omfattning: heltid
Antal lediga befattningar: 1
Län: Stockholms län
Kontakt: Dejan Kostic firstname.lastname@example.org, Dejan Kostic email@example.com, Fanny Sjöström firstname.lastname@example.org, Fanny Sjöström email@example.com,
Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-10-13