- Data och IT
- Embedded och hårdvara
Ansök senast: 2022-08-27
Postdoc in Machine learning for Brain-Computer Interfaces
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
We seek to create the body-centric operating system (BOS), a cross-platform and modular software toolkit for developing body computing applications. BOS employs sensors and actuators in and on humans and computing platforms outside of human bodies. It facilitates the development tasks of application domain experts in medical sciences, smart health, and social sciences, allowing them to focus on application goals rather than low-level system issues. Our goal is to advance sciences related to the study of human bodies using information technologies. We will exploit wearable technologies such as smartwatches and fitness trackers, implanted devices including muscle stimulators, and brain-computer interfaces (BCIs) to detect, analyze, and transmit information concerning body signals to provide immediate biofeedback to the person.
We are looking for a highly-qualified and motivated postdoc in getting hands-on research experience in the area of Software Engineering and Machine Learning. The postdoc will join a research team at the Division of Robotics, Perception, and Learning (RPL) led by Professor Danica Kragic. The postdoc develops the BOS software and hardware components, works closely with the researchers specialising in machine learning, collect data, train models, and test and evaluate the final system.
Supervision: The postdoc will be supervised by Professor Danica Kragic, Professor Mårten Björkman and Dr. Ali Ghadirzadeh.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, this eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- We are looking for a candidate with a PhD in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Machine Learning or a related discipline dealing with system integration and software development.
- Previous experience with experimental evaluations using deep learning architectures.
- Theoretical background in machine learning.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
- Research expertise.
- Teaching abilities.
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with a specific focus on gender equality.
- Candidates applying for this position are comfortable working in groups as well as independently, and they have a good sense of structure in their daily work tasks.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply for this position. You are responsible for ensuring that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about the processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: temporary position longer than 6 months | Contract type: full time | Number of positions: 1 | Working hours: 100% | City: Stockholm | County: Stockholms län | Country: Sweden | Reference number: J-2022-1292 | Contact: Dr. Ali Ghadirzadeh firstname.lastname@example.org, Sarah Kullgren, HR email@example.com, | Published: 2022-06-01 | Last application date: 2022-07-13