Ansök senast: 2023-04-24
Postdocs in Networked Systems for Machine Learning
The advertised post-doctoral position is within an ambitious, European Research Council (ERC) Consolidator Project titled “ULTRA”, led by Prof. Dejan Kostic. In this 2 Million EUR project, we want to dramatically change the way Internet Services are constructed.
Special emphasis will be paid to low latency, resilient frameworks for machine learning (including distributed and federated learning). Examples of other services to be built include advanced highly streamlined server software, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) chains at the true speed of the underlying hardware, intra datacenter load balancing, agile and efficient geo-distributed data storage systems that meet their Service Level Objectives.
As a member of the research lab, you will be involved in experimental systems work in collaboration with faculty members and several doctoral students at our research lab. You will contribute to scientific publications as well as to new grant applications.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH.
- Access to top-notch research infrastructure
- Large degree of academic freedom
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- You should also have a solid background in distributed systems, networking, programming and operating systems, very good knowledge of English in speech and writing. It is important that you have very good skills in critical thinking and very good knowledge of C ++, UNIX, and any scripting language.
- We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with a willingness to experiment and explore and have international publications in journals and top conferences.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Teaching abilities and awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality are meriting. Your are a good collaborator but can also work independently.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH.se
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the instructions in the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- Contact information for three references
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight
CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning
Anställningens omfattning: heltid
Antal lediga befattningar: 2
Sysselsättningsgrad: 100 %
Län: Stockholms län
Kontakt: Dejan Kostic, Professor firstname.lastname@example.org, Dejan Kostic, Professor email@example.com, Marco Chiesa, Associate professor, Docent firstname.lastname@example.org, Marco Chiesa, Associate professor, Docent email@example.com,
Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-04-17
Fler jobb från Kungliga Tekniska högskolan: