- Teknisk fysik och matematik
Ansök senast: 2022-10-09
Postdocs in analysis, probability and mathematical physics
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Two postdoctoral positions are offered within the KTH mathematics department. The projects will take place under the supervision of Prof. Fredrik Viklund and will involve the study of one or more of the following areas: 2D random conformal geometry (SLE theory, lattice models, gaussian fields, etc), conformal field theory, gauge theories, the Loewner energy, or other topics consistent with the research interests of the supervisor. There are no teaching duties (but if the applicant wants teaching experience, teaching can be arranged).
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
A PhD degree in mathematics or in another relevant subject is a requirement. We seek a candidate with a strong background in one or more of the areas mentioned in the job description.
The successful applicant should be strongly motivated, have the capability to work independently as well as in collaboration with members of the research group, and have good communication skills.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Research expertise
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Strong background in either probability or complex analysis.
- Teaching abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Collaborative abilities
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. The application must include the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter (explaining why you are interested in the position)
- Research statement (max 3 pages)
- Copy of doctoral transcript
- Contact information for three references
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: visstidsanställning längre än 6 månader | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 2 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: S-2022-1270 | Kontakt: Fredrik Viklund firstname.lastname@example.org, | Publicerat: 2022-08-04 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-09-16
Fler jobb från Kungliga Tekniska högskolan