Ansök senast: 2023-01-27
Postdoc in Topological Data Analysis
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The Department of Mathematics at KTH offers an attractive two-year post-doctoral position supervised by M. Scolamiero within the Topological Data Analysis group. The Topological Data Analysis group at KTH is a vibrant research environment with broad interests ranging from fundamental mathematical research, connections to machine learning, concrete applications and novel ways of teaching topology based data analysis courses both on master and PhD level.
The department of mathematics at KTH offers many opportunities for collaboration and advancement, for example through the Brummer & Partners MathDataLab, Digital Futures and the Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP). Financing for this position comes from WASP. Involvement in undergraduate teaching can be arranged for up to 20% of the employment.
The post-doctoral positions aim at conducting research in mathematics related to topological data analysis understood in abroad sense (fundamental developments including probability and statistics, applications, algorithmic approaches, etc).
The successful candidate is expected to independently conduct research and to actively engage in the department activities, attending and organizing seminars, being involved in inviting and hosting guests.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in mathematics, applied mathematics, or a closely related area is a requirement, this eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- We seek a candidate with a strong background in parts of mathematics relevant to the TDA group who is strongly motivated.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
- The successful applicant should have the capability to work independently as well as in collaboration with members of the research group and have good communication skills.
- Research expertise
- Teaching abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
No skills in Swedish are required.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- Two reference letters, with subject: “TDA postdoc” sent to email@example.com
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: visstidsanställning längre än 6 månader | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100 % | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: S-2022-2095 | Kontakt: Martina Scolamiero firstname.lastname@example.org, | Publicerat: 2022-11-03 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-12-14