Ansök senast: 2022-11-28
Postdoc in Structural Engineering and Bridges
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The postdoctoral fellow is expected to conduct research in the subject of structural engineering and bridges and participate in the division's ongoing projects. The research includes the development of bridge solutions with consideration of dynamics, fatigue and new materials. Important sub-areas are experimental methods connected to the evaluation of the safety and operation of bridges as well as advanced modelling, optimization and analyzes of bridges. Your own proposals for research projects in this area are also welcome.
Additionally, you will also be expected to perform up to 20% of full-time the department duties i.e., teaching, supporting PhD students, supervision of thesis students, etc.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- Completed doctoral degree in the subject of structural engineering,This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Solid background in mathematics, computational mechanics and structural dynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to write and publish scientific articles.
- Research expertise
- Collaborative abilities
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Experience in measurement technology and signal analysis.
- Teaching abilities
As a person we would like to see that you are aware about diversity- and equality issues, with particular focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- Brief description of the proposed research that you wish to carry out.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: visstidsanställning längre än 6 månader | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: A-2022-2047 | Kontakt: Raid Karoumi, avdelningschef e-post:email@example.com, | Publicerat: 2022-08-30 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-10-14