Ansök senast: 2023-04-18
Postdoc in space physics
The Cluster and MMS satellites enable multi-point measurements of space physics phenomena close to Earth. In this project, analysis will be performed of the non-linear phenomenon of SLAMS (Short Large-Amplitude Magnetic Structures) close to Earth’s bow shock. SLAMS may be important for the formation of the near-earth space environment. However, many of the properties of SLAMS are not well known, and more research is needed. With multi-point measurements, we can e.g. investigate growth and propagation of SLAMS, and their role in particle acceleration. SLAMS are also important for the dynamics and structure of the bow shock, and the investigation will contribute to an increased understanding of bow shock physics.
The Postdoc will mainly work with data analysis and interpretation of the results, as well as presentation of the results in scientific papers and at conferences. A certain amount of teaching can also be included, e.g. supervision of Masters Thesis projects.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment.
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature.
- International collaborations.
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH.
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Experience of analyzing experimental data.
- Good knowledge of plasma and space physics.
- Capacity to work both individually and in a team.
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Research expertise.
- Collaborative abilities.
- Pedagogical skills.
- Experience in analyzing satellite data.
- Knowledge of space mission instrumentation and/or plasma numerical simulations.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- Contact details for reference and/or recommendation letter(s).
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning
Anställningens omfattning: heltid
Antal lediga befattningar: 1
Län: Stockholms län
Kontakt: Tomas Karlsson, professor 08-7907701,firstname.lastname@example.org, Tomas Karlsson, Professor 08-7907701,email@example.com, Eleni Nylén, HR-administratör firstname.lastname@example.org, Eleni Nylén, HR administrator email@example.com,
Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-03-31
Fler jobb från Kungliga Tekniska högskolan: