Ansök senast: 2023-02-06
Postdoc in resilient learning for edge computing
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The Division of Network and Systems Engineering at the Department of Computer Science in the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, is looking for a postdoctoral researcher in the area of resilient learning and edge computing. With a focus on multi-agent learning in the context of edge computing, we are particularly interested in addressing fundamental problems related to resource management, learning equilibria in games, and equilibrium performance potentially under adversarial behavior. Of interest are also approaches leveraging state-of-the-art neural architectures, including graphical models and federated learning. We will use the developed models for the design of topologies and learning algorithms that are resilient to noise and to adversarial behavior and allow to reach good system performance. The methodological results will be applied in a variety of critical infrastructures, from smart grids through building automation to railways.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- Extensive national and international contact network with industrial and academic stakeholders.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- The candidate should have a very strong research expertise from at least one of the areas security, communication networks, optimization, machine learning or game theory.
- Good command of English orally and in writing is required to present and publish research results.
Knowledge and skills that are meritorious for the position:
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Research expertise
- Teaching abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Collaborative abilities
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- The successful applicant should have an outstanding publication record.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- 3 research publications authored by the candidate and relevant to the position.
- Contact information for two reference persons. We reserve us the right to contact references only for shortlisted candidates
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: J-2022-2517 | Kontakt: György Dan (Professor) email@example.com, György Dan (Professor) firstname.lastname@example.org, Lilly Engfeldt (HR) email@example.com, Lilly Engfeldt (HR) firstname.lastname@example.org, | Publicerat: 2022-10-07 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-12-12