Ansök senast: 2023-04-22
Postdoc in urban and regional studies, focus on regional planning
This position is placed at the Division of Urban and Regional Studies, which is part of the Department of Urban Planning and Environment. Here you will become a member of an exciting interdisciplinary research environment which is engaged in research of the highest international quality within areas such as spatial planning, regional development and urban studies.
The main work task will be to perform independent research on the topic of contemporary regional development planning in Sweden and internationally. A particular focus will be on investigating established as well as innovative practices for implementing and following up on regional development plans.
The research is financed within the framework of KTH’s strategic partnership with the Stockholm Region and the research work will partly be performed in collaboration with the Region’s project management for a new regional development plan.
The work tasks will also include teaching and supervision on the Bachelor’s and Master’s level, as well as a limited amount of research administration. Also supervision on PhD level may be included.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, this eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Experience of research work relating to the area of focus for the position, or related research areas
- Experience of working with qualitative social science methods
- Strong English language skills, in speech as well as in writing and is required in the daily work
- We are looking for you who has good cooperative skills, an ability to work independently, as well as an open and reflective approach to your work and your colleagues
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Documented scientific skill
- Experience of teaching and supervision at university level
- The ability to make yourself understood and to absorb information in speech and in writing in a Swedish-language work context and is required in the daily work.
- Knowledge about diversity- and equal treatment issues, with a particular focus on equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- A complete list of publications
- Up to three examples of scholarly works that you call upon to demonstrate your scientific skill
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning
Anställningens omfattning: heltid
Antal lediga befattningar: 1
Län: Stockholms län
Kontakt: Jonathan Metzger, professor/handledare firstname.lastname@example.org, Jonathan Metzger, professor email@example.com, Sofia Kroné Karlsson, HR +4687909420, Sofia Kroné Karlsson, HR-handläggare +4687909420,
Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-03-15
Fler jobb från Kungliga Tekniska högskolan: