Ansök senast: 2021-03-26
Postdoc in numerical simulations of multiphase flows in porous media
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The postdoctoral candidate will be part the research group Fluids-and-Surfaces at the Linné FLOW center at KTH. The focus of the research group is on understanding and modelling fundamental mechanisms for the transport of momentum, heat and mass between flowing fluids and materials.
The project aims at developing and using high-fidelity numerical methods for simulating single and multiphase pore-scale transport processes in three-dimensional porous media. This includes; i) extending and using our current wettability and immersed boundary methods within the framework of volume-of-fluids; ii) collaborating with other students in our group that work on phase-field models, molecular dynamics and effective models and; iii) contribute to multidisciplinary projects involving solute transport in/around hydrogels, microscaffolds and gas diffusion layers.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
- Research expertise.
- Teaching abilities.
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality.
- Collaborative abilities.
- As a person you like to take initiatives and solving problems.
- It is considered as a merit if you have experience in either of the following subjects: direct numerical simulations, multiphase flows and porous media.
- It is considered as a merit if you have published in peer-reviewed journals in fluid mechanics.
- It is considered as a merit if you have proficiency in English, both written and orally.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- 1-2 relevant publications
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.