Ansök senast: 2023-01-29
Postdoc in Network Security
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
We invite applications for post-doctoral research positions with the Networked Systems Security (NSS) group at EECS/SCS. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a very strong background and interest in networked systems security and privacy. The successful candidate will contribute to one of our research areas. The work will be supervised by Prof. Panos Papadimitratos.
The NSS group designs and builds trustworthy networked systems. Our research agenda covers a gamut of security and privacy problems. We have had numerous projects, including European ones, with a large network of industrial and academic collaborators. Our activities are summarized here: www.eecs.kth.se/nss.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Significant documented research expertise in network or computer security and/or privacy enhancing technologies.
- Written and spoken English proficiency, very good communication, and teamwork skills.
- Strong motivation, ability to work independently.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Teaching abilities and documented student supervision.
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, notably regarding gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- Cover letter: One-page summary of your application.
- Curriculum vitae: A document on all your relevant academic, professional, and other achievements, experience, and knowledge. Maximum five (5) pages.
- Statement of purpose: Please discuss: your motivation and research interests, your preparation (studies, technical knowledge, research, experience, etc.), your future goals, and how they relate to and complement research within NSS. Maximum two (2) pages.
- Transcripts and degrees: Oﬃcial documents from your previously attended University-level institutions, with certified translations in English (unless provided so by the issuing institution).
- Full list of publications
- Representative publications relevant to the application: Up to three (3) documents.
- Recommendation letters: Please include detailed contact information for at least three (3) references.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Kista | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: J-2022-2662 | Kontakt: Karl Henning, HR email@example.com, Karl Henning, HR firstname.lastname@example.org, Panagiotis Papadimitratos, Professor email@example.com, Panagiotis Papadimitratos, Professor firstname.lastname@example.org, | Publicerat: 2022-11-01 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-12-19