Ansök senast: 2023-01-23
Postdoc in Integration of lithium niobate waveguides in silicon photonics
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The Nonlinear and Quantum Photonics group (https://www.aphys.kth.se/qbp/nqp) at the Department of Applied Physics is offering a postdoctoral research position to develop a low-loss technology for chip-scale integration of lithium niobate and silicon photonic circuits. The position is supported by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation to promote Swedish-Finnish cooperation in the area of quantum technology and involves collaboration with VTT-Finland in synergy with WACQT, the Swedish initiative for quantum technology. The project offers the opportunity to develop cutting-edge technology for integrated and quantum optics on state-of-the-art silicon and lithium niobate photonic platforms, working in an international and collaborative research environment.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in a rapidly growing field of research and technology, with stimulating tasks and international collaboration
- Possibility to benefit from network and support activities for career development, diversity and equal opportunity organized by KTH and WACQT
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Substantial experience in nanofabrication and a strong background in integrated optics, combined with a track record of high-quality scientific production.
- You should enjoy engineering challenges and experimental work, perform well in a team and be strongly motivated to pursue research of high standard.
- Good communication skills and command of written and spoken English, together with the availability to spend some working periods at VTT premises in the Helsinki capital region, are also required.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
- Experience with technologies for heterogeneous chip integration, such as flip-chip bonding and transfer printing, and familiarity with design tools for photonic devices.
- Experience of successful international scientific collaboration.
- Capability and willingness to take on new research challenges, work well both independently and in a team and support junior team-members.
- Willingness to actively contribute to a dynamic, multidisciplinary and supportive work environment, nurturing collaboration, internationalization, diversity and equal opportunities.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100 % | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: S-2022-2139 | Kontakt: Prof. Katia Gallo email@example.com, | Publicerat: 2022-11-16 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-12-22