Ansök senast: 2023-01-29
Postdoc in Geometric Analysis and Differential Geometry
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The postdoctoral fellow is expected to conduct research in the subject of geometric analysis and differential geometry and participate in the division's ongoing projects. The research includes, but is not limited to the following areas: geometric flows (such as Ricci flow and mean curvature flow), elliptic PDE (e.g. Einstein manifolds and minimal surfaces), mathematical general relativity, spectral theory, Schrödinger operators and their heat semigroups and microlocal analysis.
Additionally, you will also be expected to perform up to 20% of full-time the department duties i.e., teaching, supporting PhD students, supervision of thesis students, etc.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Strong background in differential geometry and PDE
- Research expertise
- Teaching abilities
- Collaborative abilities
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
As a person we would like to see that you are aware about diversity- and equality issues, with particular focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications and (preliminary version of) PhD thesis.
- Cover letter (detailing both your previous scientific work experience and your interest in this position)
- Research statement (max 2 pages)
- Contact information for two references
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
The starting date is flexible, but should be between spring and fall 2023.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100 % | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: S-2022-1927 | Kontakt: Klaus Kröncke firstname.lastname@example.org, | Publicerat: 2022-10-18 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-12-09