Ansök senast: 2023-01-30
Postdoc in Computational Science
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
This is a two year postdoc position at the [Division of Computational Science and Technology] in the research group of [Professor Johan Hoffman]. The research project concerns the mathematical development and software implementation of a finite element method for high performance computing simulations of piezoelectric material, as part of the new [GENEX EU project] which aims to develop a unique multi-disciplinary digital twin enabling data management across the entire aircraft lifecycle for the next generation of aircraft composite structures. Lighter composite aircraft structures and the adoption of new, highly efficient, flexible, and sustainable manufacturing procedures are major priorities to achieve the EU environmental goals by 2050. The position combines numerical analysis with scientific programming in a collaborative environment, which requires both independence and collaborative abilities, as well as strong communication skills. Apart from the GENEX project, the research group develops software in the [FEniCS] open source ecosystem and leads projects in the fields of computational fluid dynamics and biomedicine.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, This must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Research expertise
- Teaching abilities
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
- Collaborative abilities
- Proven research expertise in the fields of numerical methods for partial differential equations.
- Good skills in scientific and parallel programming.
- As a person you are both independent and have good collaborative abilities, as well as strong communication skills.
- You are also aware of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Proven research expertise in the field of finite element methods.
- Proven expertise in C++ and MPI programming.
- Expertise in computational modeling of piezoelectric material.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100 % | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: J-2022-2518 | Kontakt: Johan Hoffman email@example.com, Johan Hoffman firstname.lastname@example.org, Karl Henning, HR email@example.com, Karl Henning, HR firstname.lastname@example.org, | Publicerat: 2022-10-14 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-12-09