Ansök senast: 2023-01-30
Postdoc in Astrophysics
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
A post doc position is available in the subject of high-energy astrophysics, with focus on the study of gamma-ray bursts. The successful applicant is expected to contribute to the group’s ongoing work to understand the emission during the prompt phase from various perspectives. This includes data analysis as well as theoretical interpretation.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, in astrophysics or a related subject. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Applicants are expected to have a solid background in high-energy astrophysics, and have a documented research expertise in data analysis and/or in theory.
- The applicant should be highly motivated by basic research and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- An excellent command of the English language is required, as it is required in daily work.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Experience in analysis of data from the Fermi satellite is a merit.
- Experience in theoretical interpretation of data is also meritorious, for instance on the radiation mechanism and particle acceleration.
- Teaching experience and awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality is also meritorious.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Instructions: The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Up to three letters of recommendation
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100% | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: S-2022-1814 | Kontakt: Professor Felix Ryde firstname.lastname@example.org, Professor Felix Ryde email@example.com, Professor Pär Olsson, Prefekt fysik firstname.lastname@example.org, Professor Pär Olsson, Prefekt fysik email@example.com, | Publicerat: 2022-10-07 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-01-16
Fler jobb från Kungliga Tekniska högskolan: