Ansök senast: 2022-11-21
Postdoc in advanced semiconductor spectroscopy
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The postdoctoral project will focus on advanced studies of optical and electronic properties of InGaN/GaN quantum wells and LEDs. The emphasis is on the experimental work, which will be performed using time-resolved spectroscopy and scanning near-field optical microscopy, and a combination of those. Project results will lead to a deeper understanding of carrier dynamics in these materials and contribute to the development of highly efficient LEDs emitting in the green to red spectral regions. The project will also include modelling and result presentation in the form of journal publications and conference presentations.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- Experience in scanning microscopy techniques, preferably near-field optical microscopy, and good knowledge of semiconductor physics.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline
- Knowledge and skills that are meritorious for the position include demonstrated independence in research, and collaborative and teaching abilities. You should also have awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- List of publications.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Anställningsform: visstidsanställning längre än 6 månader | Anställningens omfattning: heltid | Antal lediga befattningar: 1 | Sysselsättningsgrad: 100 % | Ort: Stockholm | Län: Stockholms län | Land: Sweden | Referensnummer: S-2022-1571 | Kontakt: Prof. Saulius Marcinkevicius E-post:firstname.lastname@example.org,Tel.+4687904192, | Publicerat: 2022-09-22 | Sista ansökningsdag: 2022-10-28