Ansök senast: 2023-04-08
Motor and Gearbox Engineer
Location: Vasteras, SE
Requisition ID 399888
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Motor and Gearbox Engineer based in Västerås, Sweden.
You will help our team with gearbox specifications and mechanical design of Traction Motor and its components:
• creating project and design related documentation
• cooperating with internal departments related to specific project tasks and with with production engineering on production planning
• planning and defining V&V (verification and validation)
• Analyse customer documentation and specific requirements
• Create requirement specifications for gearboxes to be designed and/or produced by Alstom or an external supplier
• Possible design meetings and inspections at suppliers.
• Mechanical design for Traction Motor and its components
• Create project and design related documentation
• Review other customer documentation such as maintenance manuals etc
• Work with supply management, specifies part properties and assesses supplier capabilities.
• Communicate with suppliers in technical related tasks
• Support warranty and service departments
• Perform investigation of parts and products related to drive system
• Write reports and contributes to root cause analysis.
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Work experience or relevant field of study in Mechanical Engineering (Traction Motor design, Transportation systems…)
• Knowledge of Catia V5
• Knowledge of MS business suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Good knowledge of Railway technology
• Additional: Knowledge of KISSsoft and/or M-design is beneficial but not required
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Fler jobb från Alstom: