Ansök senast: 2023-10-05
Manager Traction Control Dynamics
Could you be our future Manager Traction Control Dynamics in Västerås we’re looking for?
Your future role
Take on a new challenge and apply your technical and managerial expertise in a new cutting-edge field. You’ll report to hiring manager Erik Simonson (Traction Control Site Manager, phone +46-702-32 10 80) and work alongside with a team of control engineers.
You'll manage a team of about 13 engineers working with applied control theory and signal processing for control software functionality. The scope is covering both order projects as well as standard control products applied in our traction and auxiliary systems. The team is also responsible to provide and maintain “Hardware in the loop” real time simulators for our control systems.
Day-to-day, you’ll work closely with teams across the business, such as control and system departments as well as with colleagues around the world. Thus, fostering an unpretentious cooperation with others is important.
We’ll look to you for:
- Perform Team Management tasks, e.g., close contact with the team members, workforce planning, performance management, recruitment, salary reviews etc.
- Participate in the Traction Control department leadership team working on visions and strategies, way of working and continuous improvement.
- Participate in the management of the product organization handled by the department.
- Have close contact with technical project leaders to secure deliveries as committed.
- Develop and maintain relevant competency and skills in the team.
All about you
We value passion and attitude over experience. That’s why we don’t expect you to have every single skill. Instead, we’ve listed some that we think will help you succeed and grow in this role:
- PhD or MSc in Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer, Robotics, or equivalent.
- Multiple years of technical and managerial experience.
- Ability and interest in leading, developing and challenging the organization.
- Knowledge of software safety and/or experience from rail applications is an advantage.
- Familiarity with applying agile methods for software development.
- Fluent in Swedish and English at a business level is essential for the job.
Things you’ll enjoy
Join us on a life-long transformative journey – the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You’ll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career.
- Work with state of the art control functionality for traction and auxiliary systems installed on trains delivered on the global market.
- Be provided with opportunities to work globally, both through traveling and virtual meetings.
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues.
- Contribute to innovative projects.
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries.
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning.
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive and competitive social coverage (life, medical, pension).
You don’t need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you’ll be proud. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
Important to note
As a global business, we’re an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone.