- Data och IT
- Informations- och kommunikationsteknik
Ansök senast: 2021-06-15
Lecturer in Computer systems
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Computer systems includes the construction of computer systems and their related software, such as operating systems and compilers, as well as the design of memory hierarchies, data storage systems, and integration of sensors into computer systems.
This position includes mainly education in primarily programming techniques at machine level and design of computer architectures. In addition the holder of the position will get formal responsibility for courses, administration of courses, and coordination of degree thesis student projects. In addition the position may include responsibility for the bachelor programme of engineering in computer engineering. Teaching is done in both in Swedish and in English. The position also includes to actively take part in the didactic activities of the school within the subject area.
Those qualified for appointment as a lecturer are persons who have:
- 1) been awarded a degree from first-cycle academic education within the subject of the employment or has corresponding competence,
- 2) professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties it will involve, and
- 3) demonstrated teaching expertise.
Grounds of assessment
The assessment criteria for appointment as lecturer at KTH are stated in KTH's appointment procedure, section 1.5, and apply in relation to the employment profile laid down.
Of highest importance is that the applicant has
- documented pedagogic competence, including the ability to teach in Swedish and English. The assessment of teaching expertise shall also relate to the person’s long-term ability to develop as a teacher.
- documented administrative expertise. This includes experience in managing courses, planning, course development, teaching and follow up, for courses in software development and computer systems.
- documented subject expertise relevant to the content of the employment.
Of second highest importance that the applicant has
- documented professional expertise relevant to the content of the employment.
- courses in teaching and learning in higher education.
- experience in renewal projects within pedagogical development together with other teachers.
It is also important that the applicant has
- expertise in respect of development work within the area.
- professional expertise outside the university with at least four years’ professional expertise in a qualified post outside the university linked to the subject field in question.
- the ability to pursue third-stream activities.
- experience from own research within the subject field.
- expertise to develop and lead activities and interpersonal skills. This includes knowledge of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality.
Trade union representatives
Contact information to trade union representatives can be found at KTH's web page.
You are the main responsible to ensure that the application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position.
For more information regarding KTH's assessment, please read here Appointments procedure at KTH
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process, please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Fler jobb från Kungliga Tekniska högskolan