Ansök senast: 2023-07-27
Senior Application Engineer to Faiveley Transport Nordic AB (FTN), part of Wabtec Corporation
About the position
Are you interested in developing state-of-the-art technology for the international railway industry and leading customer discussions in new development projects? Then this may be the job for you!
Faiveley Transport Nordic AB (FTN), part of Wabtec Corporation, is an innovative system supplier to the international railway industry. We are now looking for an experienced application engineer to join our team, to contribute to the development of our technology.
As a Senior Application Engineer, you will work with development, customization and optimization of our block brakes. FTN is the Competence Center of the Wabtec Group. This means that you will get to work on new global train projects, where you will participate in the entire process - from start to finish.
We offer you an outgoing and broad role in an international organization. The position is full-time, located in Landskrona, where you will be part of a team of 16 people.
Wabtec Corporation is a large global group that provides opportunities for further career development and working abroad if there is interest.
- Use your product knowledge from the railway, vehicle, submarine, or similar industries to lead customer discussions where you identify and analyze customer specifications and requirements for the design, development, implementation, and performance of complex railway systems.
- Monitor the cost development of our products and propose/follow initiatives such as design changes and supplier changes to improve manufacturing costs.
- Optimize standardized configuration and ensure coordination between companies within the group that manufacture our products.
- Some development work and documentation is included in this position.
- Collaborate with other engineers and project managers to ensure timely delivery of high-quality solutions.
- For major modifications, you will help define validation tests in collaboration with our laboratories, as well as review test results.
- Coordinate sub-projects and collaborate with other engineers, purchasers, and project managers to ensure accuracy, quality, and cost control, from concept to successful project completion.
- M. Sc. degree in mechanical design with several years of industrial experience.
- Previous experience as an application engineer or similar, preferably with strong product knowledge in railway, automotive, submarine, or similar product areas, including friction, heat exchange, and braking systems.
- Ability to lead discussions with customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Experience in project management or project coordination.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of CATIA, Teamcenter, and M3.
- Experience from the railway industry.
- You are equally comfortable in front of the computer as you are "hands-on" in our test lab and well-equipped mechanical workshop.
We believe that with the above know-how and capacity, you are not only our new Senior Application Engineer but also have the opportunity to develop into a future Product Manager.
About the organisation
Faiveley Transport Nordic AB (FTN) in Landskrona is part of Wabtec Corporation, a system supplier to the international railway industry. The company in Landskrona was founded 100 years ago and is one of the prominent players in the railway market. Here we carry out various types of service and improvement projects, with a focus on braking systems, door systems, air conditioning systems, and electronics. We are also the world's leading supplier of block brakes and brake regulators and export to many different types of train projects worldwide.
The company currently has 208 professionals in sales, technology, development, manufacturing, service, and maintenance. Wabtec Corporation offers a wide range of products consisting of air conditioning, electromechanics, electronics, braking systems, and maintenance services to customers worldwide.
Wabtec Corporation is headquartered in Pennsylvania, with approximately 27,000 employees.
The recruitment is handled by QRIOS Life Science & Engineering. At QRIOS, we have curious experts in technology, IT, life science, and management. We are strongly inspired by those who never stop looking for new solutions. STAY QRIOS.
We regularly invite candidates for interviews and welcome your application today.
Fler jobb från QRIOS: