Ansök senast: 2022-12-26
Lab technician to Simris Alg
Would you like to work at a company that is innovative, has a clear vision and has wonderful employees? The position at Simris Alg is the right place for you who are a curious and forward person who has a strong will to make the world a better place.
Simris Alg is a multi-award-winning innovation company and pioneers in the development of microalgae as a new biotechnological platform for discovery and production. They save endangered marine habitats by developing unique raw materials from cultivated microalgae, instead of from fish and other marine animals. Their vision is to be the guiding star for good business in this area. The company sustainably grows microalgae and cyanobacteria on an industrial scale within its photobioreactor plant where conditions are optimized for the production of these high-value compounds. You will do daily analysis of samples taken from biomass growing in their photobioreactor systems to establish, dry weight of biomass, nutrient status, appearance of any trace metals or contamination etc.
The team in Hammenhög consists of 4 people where a close cooperation is a key factor in achieving the goals of the daily production. The closest manager is keen to give a lot of space so you are able to contribute with good input and be involved in deciding the future. This position means that you work close with the CEO where you get the chance to be involved and influence tomorrow.
You are offered:
- A very flexible role
- Development opportunities within the company
- Wellness contribution
- Private health insurance
- Production of starter cultures for each new batch from shaker flask through to our 100L photobioreactors
- Calibration & maintenance of laboratory equipment in line with our protocols
- Servicing of laboratory equipment and the management of any suppliers required in relation to this
- Supporting projects with the intention to identify the optimal growth conditions for different specifies of microalgae and cyanobacteria and for the individual compounds we are interested in isolating
- Maintaining a clean laboratory environment as part of our GMP processes and procedures
- Maintain culture library
- Preparation of nutrient solutions
- Following all safety guidelines & procedures for your work and in the handling of any chemicals
- Daily collection of environmental data (mainly temperature, light & pH) from across the farm
- Daily calculation of biomass growth rates for each photobioreactor
- Mapping biomass grow rates to environmental data to identify possible modifications to growth conditions
- Purchase of raw materials required for laboratory work including consumables and equipment
- Maintain laboratory records and logbooks
- Ensure that all laboratory routines are documented and up to date with approved procedures
- Timely approval of invoices relating to your purchases and supporting the Finance department in completing month-end financial processes
- Natural science degree (e.g., Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology)
- 2+ years of experience from working in a similar lab environment
- Experience of using analytical lab equipment such as HLPC, GC, PCR
- Good command of English language
We are looking for you who are:
- Problem solving
- Quality conscious
- Start: ASAP
- Work extent: Full time
- Location: Hammenhög
The recruitment process is handled by Academic Work and the customer's wishes are that all questions regarding the position are handled by Academic Work.
We go through the selection on an ongoing basis and the advertisement can be closed down before the position is filled if we have moved to the selection and interview phase.