- According to agreement
Ansök senast: 2022-10-18
Experienced Mechanical Engineer to Laird Thermal Systems
Are you ready to take the development of thermal management solutions for demanding applications across global medical, industrial and telecommunication markets to its next level? Does working with international projects attract your interest? If so - welcome with your application!
Laird Thermal Systems is a global business serving the medical, analytical, telecom and industrial market with mission critical temperature control components and systems. LTS has main production sites in China and Czech Republic and a smaller production and distribution operation in USA, product development in Sweden, China and USA, approximately 500 employees and $80m revenues. LTS is focused on strong growth plans and ambitious performance targets, both for quality and efficiency.
The team in Gothenburg is now seeking a Mechanical Engineer who can join the company in order to develop customized cooling systems based on refrigerants, liquids or thermoelectrics.
Laird Thermal Systems offers you:
- Being a part of a global company focusing on quality, efficiency and innovation through cross-functional teams practicing collegial spirit and teamwork
- Challenging task and development opportunities such as vertical and lateral growth
- Introduction program and trainings to provide the best conditions for your career within the company
In this role you will establish product design expectations in collaboration with your national team and global cross-functional teams. Furthermore you will develop new designs meeting product specification and requirements regarding the mechanical, material, cost efficiency, environmental and quality aspects. In all of this your are working with change management procedures and proactively find opportunities for improvement.
As the Mechanical Engineer you will also;
- Generate technical drawings, BOM and documentation as needed for projects using PLM and ERP tools.
- Design products that meet applicable UL, CE, UKCA and other requirements.
- Support prototype builds and pilot production runs at local and global manufacturing facilities
- Resolve field product quality issues using root cause analysis
- Support Project Management Process (PMP) design engineering activities.
- Serve as a Technical Lead in projects and perform Design For Assembly (DFA) analysis and DFMEA
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 2-5 years experience in design of electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in 3D-CAD and PDM, preferably Solidworks
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
It is not a requirement but highly valuated if you have some experience in heat transfer and refrigeration system design, as well as in sheet metal manufacturing techniques or other areas of mechanical engineering.
Product safety is highly important, any experience in UL and CE requirements are appreciated. Last but not least, knowledge of a particular technical area within the job responsibility such as pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, liquid fittings and thermoelectrics is also seen as beneficial.
This position requires you to have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently alongside excellent communication and teamworking skills.