Ansök senast: 2023-04-08
Engineering Manager TiB
Location: Gavle, SE
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Join us as a Engineering Manager TiB, in Gävle, Sweden and you will be looking at a career-defining role in a company where culture is simply a shared way of doing something with passion!
In the role, you will manage engineering activities in Alstom's maintenance contract for Tåg i Bergslagen (TiB). The customer is operator VR and the contract include maintenance of Tåg i Bergslagen's commuter and regional trains consisting of 23 vehicles of the type Regina X50 and 7 vehicles of the type ER1. Maintenance is carried out in 2 depots located in Gävle and Västerås.
You act as technical expertise to both internal and external stakeholders to streamline and further develop Alstom's engineering operations within the relevant regions. Together with the team, you will work with assigned sub-projects and areas of responsibility within the project. You are expected, based on the experience gained, to propose improvements and modifications to the vehicles and contribute to continuous development specifically in terms of availability, reliability and improved maintenance methods. You will report to Alstom's Engineering Manager for Rolling Stock Maintenance Nordics as well as the Project Manager for TiB and will play a central role in the project's management team. The position is located in our depot in Gävle.
Engineering activities in Alstom maintenance contract:
- Responsible for the engineering team of 2 people
- Be operative in the project engineering activities yourself
- Manage and maintain the technical definition and configuration of the vehicles
- Ensure that the vehicles are maintained with railway safety in focus and keep maintenance documentation for the project up to date.
- Own the technical work package for the project, meet objectives in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD) and manage associated risk
- Ensure product safety policy is implemented
- Manage the technical performance of the fleet during maintenance and operation (such as availability, reliability, maintainability) and bring experience back to the relevant vehicle platform.
- Define maintenance technical plan and organize relevant team
- Act as technical expertise to the customer when needed
- Manage technical deviations, initiation of incident analysis reports and root cause analyses
- Ensure work in accordance with standardized change process
- University degree within engineering or have acquired the corresponding competence
- 5 years of relevant experience in an industrial business i.e. railway vehicle maintenance and operation, automotive and aerospace.
- Leadership and distributed team management in a project context
- Working knowledge of risk assessment and risk management
- Spoken and written communication in Swedish and English
- Good knowledge of reliability, serviceability and maintenance techniques as well as LCC analysis
- Knowledge of design and manufacturing process (LEAN etc.)
- Experience in financial control, cost-benefit analysis
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Fler jobb från Alstom: