Ansök senast: 2023-11-06
Doctoral student (licentiate) in Data-driven fluid and climate theory
Third-cycle subject: Sustainable Buildings
This research project aims to realize faster-than-real-time (simulation time less than physical flow time) and high-resolution simulation of fluid flow in engineering applications, with indoor climate as a pilot. The expected outcome of this project is a static CNN for super-resolution to achieve fast prediction of steady-state indoor airflow, a hybrid RCNN for super-resolution to achieve faster-than-real-time prediction of transient indoor airflow, and standards for low-resolution input data by numerical simulation and experimental data. Besides the indoor flow simulations, this project would open a broad spectrum of engineering accurate computational fluid dynamics (CFD) applications, complementary to today’s standard application of RANS turbulence models.
The researchers in the team represent the KTH of Architecture and the Built Environment， Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering and KTH School of Engineering Sciences, Department of Engineering Mechanics.
Supervision: Associate Professor Wei Liu and Associate Professor Ricardo Vinuesa is proposed to supervise the doctoral student. Decisions are made on admission
What we offer
- The possibility to study in a dynamic and international research environment in collaboration with industries and prominent universities from all over the world.Read more
- A workplace with many employee benefits and monthly salary according to KTH’s Doctoral student salary agreement.
- A postgraduate education at an institution that is active and supportive in matters pertaining to working conditions, gender equality and diversity as well as study environment.
- Work and study in Stockholm, close to nature and the water.
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH.
- The division of Sustainable Buildings offers a strong research environment and exposure to several fields of built environment as well as collaborations with top international research groups.
To be admitted to postgraduate education (Chapter 7, 39 § Swedish Higher Education Ordinance), the applicant must have basic eligibility in accordance with either of the following:
- passed a second cycle degree (for example a master's degree), or
- completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 second-cycle higher education credits, or
- acquired, in some other way within or outside the country, substantially equivalent knowledge
- Master of science in Civil or Mechanical engineering with specialization in fluid mechanics and heat transfer
In addition to the above, there is also a mandatory requirement for English equivalent to English B/6, read more here
In order to succeed as a doctoral student at KTH you need to be goal oriented and persevering in your work. During the selection process, candidates will be assessed upon their ability to:
- independently pursue his or her work
- collaborate with others,
- have a professional approach and
- analyse and work with complex issues.
- performed a relevant master project
- experience in computational fluid dynamics
- experience in machine learning
- knowledge and experience in C++/python programming
After the qualification requirements, great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Target degree: Licentiate degree
Information regarding admission and employment
Only those admitted to postgraduate education may be employed as a doctoral student. The total length of employment may not be longer than what corresponds to full-time doctoral education in four years ' time. An employed doctoral student can, to a limited extent (maximum 20%), perform certain tasks within their role, e.g. training and administration. A new position as a doctoral student is for a maximum of one year, and then the employment may be renewed for a maximum of two years at a time. In the case of studies that are to be completed with a licentiate degree, the total period of employment may not be longer than what corresponds to full-time doctoral education for two years.
You will find contact information for union representatives on KTH's website.
Doctoral section (Students’ union on KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
You will find contact information for doctoral section on the section's website.
To apply for the position
Apply for the position and admission through KTH's recruitment system. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement.
Applications must be received at the last closing date at midnight, CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Applications must include the following elements:
- CV including your relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Application letter with a brief description of why you want to pursue research studies, about what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. (Maximum 2 pages long)
- Copies of diplomas and grades from previous university studies and certificates of fulfilled language requirements (see above). Translations into English or Swedish if the original document is not issued in one of these languages.Copies of originals must be certified.
- Representative publications or technical reports. For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Read more hereAnställningsform: tidsbegränsad anställning
Anställningens omfattning: heltid
Antal lediga befattningar: 1
Län: Stockholms län
Kontakt: Wie Liu email@example.com, Wie Liu, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ricardo Vinuesa email@example.com, Ricardo Vinuesa, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Sista ansökningsdag: 2023-10-13
Fler jobb från Kungliga Tekniska högskolan: