Ansök senast: 2022-12-09
Development Engineer Sustainable Materials
Location: Lund, SE
Company: Tetra Pak
At Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people's lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen.
To lead the sustainable transformation is one pillar of Tetra Pak’s strategy and the Material Solutions team within the Development & Technology organization, is looking into new technologies to build the next generation of sustainable packaging materials. Identify and define material properties and define the architecture for the future packaging material is the core of future material developments.
We are looking for a new colleague, a Development Engineer, who wants to be part of the team of Next generation & sustainable material and drive the innovation and development of tomorrows sustainable packaging material solutions!
This is a permanent position located in Lund, Sweden but you will work in a global arena. Some travelling is required.
What you will do
In the team Next generation & Sustainable material, we have the responsibility to develop sustainable materials technologies and products. We also scout for new technologies, drive technical studies and supplier collaborations within the area of sustainable packaging material.
In this role as Development engineer, you will work with material design which is a key competence area within Tetra Pak.
As our new colleague, you will:
- Drive the development of material solutions in early development as well as in product development activities close to market.
- Be part of a cross-functional Scrum team and work closely with labs, converting factories and specialists.
- Independently, as well as with your technical team, build knowledge, solve problems, and verify solutions.
We believe you have
- Educational background with a Master of Science in Engineering related to materials.
- At least 3 years of working experience within material or packaging development.
- Very good command of English, both written and verbal is a must
- Skills and experiences within agile way of working and scrum is a plus.
As a person you are, at heart, curious, passionate, and dedicated to developing tomorrow’s sustainable packaging material solutions. To be successful in this position you need to be good at figuring out how to get things done and how to organise activities. You naturally take initiative, drive for results, and have the ability to deliver on time and under pressure in a collaborative way both independently and with colleagues. We believe that you are a clear communicator and good at building effective relationships with others.
Furthermore, you can adjust to the situation and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. In addition, you have the interest and ability to handle the big picture in deliverables at the same time as being interested in technical details.
We Offer You
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
If you are inspired to be part of our promise to protect what’s good; for food, people, and the planet, apply through our careers page at https://jobs.tetrapak.com/.
This job posting expires on 2022-12-09
To know more about the position contact Kristina Juuso Brylander at +46 46 36 2975
Questions about your application contact Sara Johannesson at +46 46 36 2964
For trade union information contact Sveriges Ingenjörer Lars Haraldsson at +46 46 36 2533 and Unionen Lisbeth Larsson at +46 46 36 2320.