Automation Engineer for Powerworks Energy!
The energy sector is in rapid development towards fossil free generation. There is an increasing mismatch between production and consumption of electricity. Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) presents a technologically and financially attractive means to solve the challenge. Involving everything from electrochemistry, high voltage engineering, intertwined data system and analytics, the timing is now to enter this rapidly evolving and growing technology.
We are now looking for a motivated and curious Automation/PLC Engineer who will be hired by Powerworks Energy and contribute to the work with battery energy storage systems.
The candidate will collaborate closely with suppliers, and clients, and will also take charge of maintaining and adapting BESS systems. In this role, you will be able to make great impact on the company and future of Powerworks. You will work with PLCs, various ecosystems and protocols, and design API’s.
For this role, we believe that it is important to have an interest and curiosity for renewable energy and electricity, as well as being driven and self-going in your work. The role could over time include leadership and team building. As a person we believe it’s beneficial that you are social and appreciate collaborating with other stakeholders, both internal and externally.
What do we look for in this candidate?
• fluency in at least one programming language (PLC or other)
• knowledge about protocol (e.g. Modbus) and PLC ecosystem
• experience with HMI or SCADA
• experience from different hardware
• University degree within the field of Engineering
Extra meritorious competence
• extensive industry knowledge of the automation industry
• fluency in IEC 61131-3 programming languages
• experience in choosing PLC platforms (vendors)
• experience in version control systems (e.g. Git)
• experience in using different communication bus protocols
• knowledge of UML and system design
• working with APIs, able to provide an API for external parties
About the company
Powerworks Energy was founded with the ambition to support the transition from conventional fossil-based power generation to intermittent renewables. We do this though a pure focus on installation and operation of battery energy storage systems as an EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) and O&M (Operations and Maintenance) provider.
Our customers include electricity grid owners, industrial facilities, and renewable energy producers. Together with our sister company Solarwork, active within renewable solar energy, we are 35 employees and have offices in Stockholm and Jönköping.
Read more about us at: https://powerworks.energy/
For questions regarding the recruitment process please contact Sara Adolfsson at email@example.com
We are looking forward hearing from you!